Parish of Bestwood Village
NOTICE OF VACANCY IN THE OFFICE OF PARISH COUNCILLOR.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a vacancy has occurred in the office of Councillor for the Bestwood Village Parish Council as a result of the resignation of Councillor Beckwith. The vacancy will be filled by election if, with 14 days after the date of this notice, 10 electors for the Parish (Parish Ward) give notice in writing to the Returning Officer, Gedling Borough Council, Civic Centre Arnot Hill Park Nottingham Road, Arnold, Nottingham NG5 6LU asking for an election to be held to fill the vacancy. If an election is not requested, the vacancy will be filled by the Parish Council. (Note: The period of 14 days referred to EXCLUDES Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays)
Dated 10th December 2019
Signed Susan Stack Clerk of the Council
Details on what is involved in becoming a Councillor can be found at;
To apply to become a parish councillor you must be:
- At least 18 years old on the day of your nomination, and
- A British citizen, an eligible Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union
You must also meet at least one of the following four qualifications:
- You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards
- You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election
- Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish area
- You have lived in the parish area of within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election
Thank you for visiting the Bestwood Village Parish Council website.
Select tab above for information about meetings.
Agendas, minutes and policies can be found on the ‘Documents’ page.